Seeraga Samba is an aromatic rice variety from Southern India highly preferred for preparing biriyani.
- Since it resembles the shape of Jeera (Cumin) it is named as Seeraga Samba.
- The rice is extremely fine and aromatic and hence used for making biriyani.
- It helps to cure vatha related disorders and easily digestible.
- It finds mention in Pazhani Copper inscriptions and several traditional medical texts.
Mappillai samba is a traditional red rice variety with coarse grains from Tamil Nadu providing high stamina and strength.
- This variety increases the stamina. It has high carbohydrate and crude fibre content.
- Consumption of Mappilla Samba rice washed water helps to cure mouth and stomach ulcers.
- It increases the digestive power and also helps diabetic patients.
- This variety can withstand flooding and is a climate smart variety.
White ponni rice is a variety of rice preferred in Tamil Nadu for regular consumption.
- This is a fine variety which is preferred by regular rice consumers.
- It has high levels of calcium and potassium.
Vermicompost is a promising unique organic fertilizer prepared by composting waste utilizing earthworms.
- It is extremely soft and contains nutrients which are easily and immediately absorbable by the crops.
- Increases soil fertility and within 3 – 4 days after application one can see the crops looking fresh and green.
- Increases the carbon content of the soil.
- Neutralizes the pH of the soil.
Neem Seed Powder
Neem Seed Powder is a promising unique organic fertilizer.
- Contains high levels of nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium besides calcium and magnesium. Application to crops provides them with various nutrients.
- Neem seed powder reduces the number of soil insect pests, fungi, bacteria and nematodes and protects the crop from damage caused by these organisms.
- It also reduces alkalinity in the soil.